Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why do I even try?

So we haven't gotten family pictures since Lia was born and I wanted to try and get some done to possibly send out for Christmas cards. So, I booked an appt. with Butterfly Love Photography for a mini session and was so excited to get them done. Well, Ryan informed me the week before that he was running a half marathon the same day I booked our family pictures! So, Saturday came and we made it to the race then rushed to Ryan's parents to try and get ready and to get to pictures in time. Well, we were pretty late and she does mini sessions back to back so there was someone coming behind us. Well, we got started and things were going okay, but the next family showed up, so we waited 'til they were done with their session to finish ours. Well, while we were waiting the girls got very impatient, and whiny, and tired. We tried to start back up but Della would just not cooperate. Then Lia started in crying because by this time she was hungry. So, I ran to the car to feed Lia while Ryan and Jana tried to get a decent picture of Della. Well I came back and it sounded like things still weren't going well. We tried to hurry and get a couple more pics then we finally threw in the towel (more or less) Jana wanted to keep trying but the girls had had enough. I was pretty bummed and we still haven't gotten them back, so who knows if we even got one good one. Oh, and P.S. Butterfly Love Photography is "taking a break" for at least a year, if not indefinitely. But that's okay, 'cause I found another photography company that I LOVE!I'm sure you've all heard of FotoFly Photography. So, I like to follow them on facebook because they always have these contests you can enter to win a free CD. I've entered pretty much every contest and never won.... 'til NOW! They announced their new "FotoFly Away" on facebook and all you had to do was comment and they randomly chose 12 winners out of like 1100 or more? I could not believe I won! I was so so excited- especially because my last photo session went so terribly I thought this was a chance to redeem myself. Well.... I was wrong. Boy was I wrong. This one was even worse than the last one. Why?!? Why do I even try?? I was so disappointed. All I could think the whole time was "at least this photo session is free" Della cried the whole time.......and I mean the WHOLE time! I couldn't believe it. Then Lia would cry if I wasn't holding her. So I was holding Lia the whole time, trying to manage the stroller, Della was crying wanting me to hold her (did I mention it was freezing?) and then there was Sara. Perfectly sweet little Sara who was pretty much an angel the whole time. At least one of my girls was good. I even got all the girls dressed in coordinating outfits and thought they looked so cute together!But no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get Della to stop crying long enough to take a picture. So... even though the main reason I went was to get an updated picture of all three girls, I ended up getting none of them together, one of Lia, non of Della, and tons of Sara. Which is fine I guess. At least I got something right? And it was free :) So, here are a few of my faves.She was so awesome and would do any pose they asked. Whether it was peeking through the fence, or putting her hands in her pocket. Eric (fotofly owner) said she was one of the best 3-year-olds he's ever taken pictures of.These are only 3 of about 50 pictures we got of her. It was hard to decide which ones to post!I really, truely, honestly, don't even know why I try. It is so incredibly frustrating. And the worst part is, the whole time I'm thinking "oh, Della's probably tired, I bet she'll fall asleep the second we get in the car" but nope, she just stopped crying and instantly started talking and giggling. What?? I can barely deal. I really REALLY want to get a picture of all three of them together once Lia's a little older and sitting up. Of course I'll be going to fotofly ;) we'll see if those turn out any better....until then! These will have to do.So sick.

(All pictures were taken by FotoFly Photography at Thanksgiving Point. Find the link to their blog on the right under "photographers")

1 comment:

Glass House said...

I wouldn't beat yourself up, it's really the age, Della is at the age where it's really hard to take a good picture, when they get to age 3 they start to do better, but when they get to age 4 and 5 they become amazing posers. The cold doesn't help either...I am sorry you have had horrible experiences!