Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TIME OUT!

.....for women. Have you heard of this? Why have I never heard of this 'til I moved to Layton? Anyway, Time Out for Women is an LDS? event for women. Where we all gather together and listen to different presenters and music artists share their message of inspiration. You don't have to be LDS to go, but all the presenters were and the majority of women that were there.
I invited my mother-in-law up to go with me, and I'm so glad she came! There were a few different messages and talks that we both needed to hear, and it's always more fun with her! Thanks to my good friend Jennie we were able to get tickets! She's the one who told me about it and she knew I'd been wanting to go, so luckily she got our tickets for us just before they sold out!
She was also nice enough to invite us to dinner the night before with her mom and her sister, Jessica. And her mom was SO nice to get there at 6:30 the next morning to save us seats! She sat outside in line 'til the doors opened at 8:30 and not only saved seats for her two daughters, but also me and Cath and a few more seats for Jessica's mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. Not to mention the seats were pretty much front and center! Seriously so thoughtful and sweet!They reallly made us feel apart of the fam! It was awesome. Love these ladies!
Cathie, me, Jennie, Willie, Jessica
So, the first night we got to hear from Michael McLean (who I've always loved, growing up going to Forgotten Carols every year) as well as another speaker and a few singers. Then Saturday was a day full of speakers as well as music and songs from the band "Mercy River" I had never heard them before but I loved them! Cathie bought their CD so we thought we'd go up and meet them during one of the breaks so they could sign it- and Jennie is friends with one of the singers.
It really was so much fun and I'm so glad I got to go! I was a little worried going into it, that I might come out feeling guilty for not being a better member of the church - because I know there are so many things I could be doing to be a better LDS wife, mother, advisor...but I actually came out feeling so much better! I loved it because I felt like each presenter related to someone in the audience, whether you were going through a hard trial, or struggling with your own self worth, or just feeling like you need to be a better wife and mom to your husband and kids.  It really strengthened my testimony and gave me such a better perspective on things. I really really loved it and recommend it to any woman out there LDS or not!

Then just a quick update on what's going on at the Goodrich household...
We finally finished the basement! Well, pretty much- still needs a few doorknobs here, and a fire alarm there, and maybe some shelves and rods in the closets... Okay- so there's still some to do, and the bathroom still isn't finished- but we weren't planning on finishing that 'til later anyway!
All I know is the walls are painted the baseboard and casing is up and the carpet is in! I was seriously so ecstatic I made all of us go down there and play the day the carpet was installed. The girls were running around and I was doing cartwheels! (maybe that's a little too embarrassing to admit?) It's pretty sick that I can get that excited about carpet- and I was even more excited to vacuum it! So I find myself down there the majority of the day and.. there's not even anything down there yet! Just cleaning toys and trying to get them organized. Okay- I know no one even cares, but I think it's awesome! So, I just had to post about it!

2 comments:

Heather and AD said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to that! That's so awesome that you finished your basement! I would have also been doing cartwheels! We need to get together when we come into town sometime! I miss you!

Jennie said...

It was such a great weekend!!! We will have to do it again for sure!!! ;) ummm I have the biggest belly ever! Especially next to u and then Brooke ... Really nice! Haha! I love u and Cathy! We had the best time with u! I need to come c ur basement! It's SO exciting to get that done!!