Monday, June 25, 2012

4th baby -- 1st BOY!

It's a BOY! It's a BOY! It's a BOY! Seriously some of the most exciting news we've gotten! We didn't find out with the first two, and I know most people you talk to who have never found out will say it's the best way to go and how exciting it is, but boy- they probably don't know how exciting it is to find out before they're born! It's just different when you wait, because you're so overwhelmed with the excitement of the actual BIRTH of a BABY that it's like you're not even THINKING about whether it's a boy or a girl. At least that's how I remember both Sara and Della's deliveries being. They were born and I was just so happy and excited to see my baby and someone would finally say "It's a girl" and I'm like "Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that" Don't get me wrong it's still fun to not know what you're having, and we'll probably do it one more time, but there was nothing quite as exciting as this last ultrasound. I mean Ryan and I had butterflies days leading up to Thursday, June 14. And when the screen showed this...
There was no mistaking we were going to have a baby BOY! I know I have all girls but I'm pretty sure I know what a baby boy parts look like ;) I asked the ultrasound tech "is it a boy?" and she said "It's definitely a boy!" Both of Ryan's hands shot up in the air as he yelled "YES!" yet trying to be somewhat quiet with a few more fist pumps. It was VERY hard to hold back the tears and I could feel them in the corner of my eyes during the whole ultrasound but luckily non escaped. (and I was happy to hear Ryan was also on the verge of tears when he heard boy) He kept confirming with the tech, "now, you're sure  it's a boy" and she'd just go back to the screen you see above and say "what do you think? It's a boy" We had permanent smiles the rest of the time and Ryan couldn't seem to get the smile off his face all day. We really are SO excited it's a boy, of course we would have been happy with another girl, but doesn't everyone want at least one of each?
So as long and drawn out a pregnancy already seems, what a fun way to add a little excitment by finding out what you're having half way through! Especially when you have three girls and find out you're pregnant with your first BOY! As sick as it sounds, I just couldn't stop staring at the picture of his little "you know what" 'cause I just couldn't believe we are really going to have a baby boy!
Now, I know this is my 4th baby and some may think it's not quite as exciting as the first few- and maybe it's not for some, but it's still SO exciting for me. Even though I may have been through this 3 other times, I still get excited to feel the baby move for the first time. I still love resting my hand on my belly at night and feeling the little kicks and movements from my baby boy. I still get excited to go to the doctor and hear the heartbeat. I still had to try and hold back tears at the ultrasound. Ryan and I still have nights where we lay in bed and talk about the day Landon will be born. So even though I know this is "just another pregnancy picture of me" and we all know what that looks like! It's still special to me, and I know it will be to Landon. This is me and my baby boy at 21 weeks-- and yes, I purposely took it on a day I was wearing a BLUE and white striped shirt ;) (also the same shirt I wore to the ultrasound) That really was a day I'll never forget!

3 comments:

Alana said...

You look so Dang cute! Congratulations on a boy!! So exciting

dan and laura said...

You are beautiful, Tori! CONGRATS! A boy! How exciting :)

Anonymous said...

Tori I couldnt be more excited for you!! Boys are so much fun!! Definitly way different than girls. Yay!!! Congratulations