Friday, November 2, 2012

He's Here!

8 lbs 6 oz  -  Landon James Goodrich  -  21 inches
I don't know why but it seems like we waited SO long for Landon to get here. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we've had his name picked out for every baby if they were a boy and we were finally having our "Landon". But for some reason, I felt like it took a long time for him to finally decide to join our family. Although once he decided it was time to come, ready or not, he was coming.... and FAST!
My contractions started at 6:00 am and weren't extremely bad... and I've had SO much false labor with him that I kind of just brushed it off thinking it was more false labor. Once they were a little stronger, I figured I'd get up and pack the last few things just in case. I told Ry I was having some and he kind of thought the same thing "more false labor". Well, once I got three in a row that were starting to hurt more Ry called his mom to come watch the girls. My contractions were so random, every 5-10 minutes and not very consistent, but they were bad enough that I thought it could possibly be the real thing. It took us a while to get to the hospital just because it was the first big snowstorm and canyons were closed so there was traffic and the roads were bad. But we made it! I still don't understand why all the labor and delivery nurses look at me so funny and literally ask "why are you here" so once I explained why I was there "uh, I think I'm in labor" they got me in a gown and in the temporary curtain room to monitor me and see if I was in true labor. Well, once I was in there my contractions slowed down even more and weren't as bad! I thought they were sending me home for sure. After the usual questions and what not, she asked about my pain and asked if I was planning on an epidural, which I was. Finally checked me and said "You sure you don't want to go natural? You're a NINE!"
I about died when she said that! I could not believe I was dilated to a 9! So I said "I'm guessing the epidural won't do much now anyways?" especially 'cause I've had problems with my epidurals working in the past, but she said "oh no, it will work immediately, you'll still want to get one" well I was going back and forth the whole ride to the delivery room, wondering if I should just pass on the epidural but they were talking me into it rather than out of it so I went ahead and got it. Although I'm still not sure if I should have or not. It didn't numb my contractions one bit. As soon as I got it they started coming on strong, painful and fast! It was pretty rough those last few minutes, but the doctor got there just in time to tell me to "push during the next contraction" so I did, and he was here!
Poor guy got a little beat up because the delivery was so fast, but stopped crying the second I got him in my arms. Seriously nothing better than that first time you hold your baby. Once we had our hour alone with just me, Ryan and Landon they were ready to move me to post partum. It was so crazy 'cause I could still move my legs and everything! So they just wheeled me over in a wheelchair and once we were settled and Landon got his bath, Ry left to go get the girls so they could meet their baby brother for the first time!
I couldn't believe how excited they ALL were! I thought for sure Lia wouldn't really care, but she was just as excited about the "baby" as Sara and Della were. They all took a turn holding him and loving him. I can't believe we're now a family of six!
Well after what seems like forever waiting for Landon, he was definitely worth the wait! We love him SO much and are so grateful he's now apart of our family! I was so excited to bring him home and start our life as a family of 3 girls and a boy!


4 comments:

Michelle Montgomery said...

Tori he is so precious! And hello...could anyone look more beautiful just second after giving birth! Your family is adorable! Glad you and Mr. Landon are well.

Michelle Montgomery said...

Tori he is so precious! And hello...could anyone look more beautiful just second after giving birth! Your family is adorable! Glad you and Mr. Landon are well.

dan and laura said...

What a crazy story! He is adorable! Congrats!

Someone from the John Stout Family said...

Tori! He is beautiful. And you look amazing! Congratulations To you and your sweet family.