Wednesday, February 27, 2013

a post about how much I love them

Just to warn anyone that may still read this blog this is a post all about my kids and how much I love them so.... don't bother reading if you're not interested :)

I don't want to sound like one of those people who talks about how perfect their life is and sounds like they have no problems whatsoever. But, I gotta be honest. I really do feel like the happiest woman alive. I honestly have little or no complaints about my life and love it more than anything! Don't get me wrong, I have four kids 4 and under and it's no cake walk. There are days that are rough and I count down the minutes 'til Ryan gets home, then once he's home I feel like I'm counting down the minutes to bedtime. Let's just thank heavens there's such thing as a night/sleep and we can start over in the morning. But for the most part I really could not be happier with my life and some days find myself wishing I could pause time for a moment and not let my kids get any older and just enjoy these ages they're in a little longer 'cause I really do LOVE where they each are right now...


Sara (aka Sar, Sara Ems, Sars) 4 1/2 years old
It's crazy how much this girl reminds me of myself at her age. She gets scared so easily and I've always been a scardy cat. She loves babies and is already so motherly and can see her having the same goals as I did to get married and become a mother. She also really worries about how she looks and always wants to look cute for the day. She also loves to watch shows and movies and would rather stay home than go out. She really is such a good girl and I don't know what we'd do without her! She's such a good helper with her siblings and they love her just as much as she loves them! There have actually been times where Landon is crying and Sara wants to hold him- I usually say "okay, but he's fussy so he'll probably cry" but as soon as he's in Sara's arms he stops. Not kidding. He LOVES Sara. (she's even told me a couple times she wants to marry Landon when they're older)Sara gets along with other boys and girls her age and loves having lots of friends. She LOVES all her cousins and gets along especially well with Alyvia, Gwen, and Mary and Kiki. She gets SO excited if we're going anywhere where they will be there. Of course these are all the good things about Sara, don't get me wrong she can definitely have her moments and is already starting to give me attitude! She still has the sweetest little spirit and isn't hard to make smile or laugh. We love her so much!

Della (aka D) 3 years old   Sara's little buddy. These two are the best of friends! Which is kind of crazy because they are so SO opposite! To give you a few examples....Sara's so smiley and easy to talk to, Della... not so much. Sara likes to stay home, Della loves getting out of the house. Sara's afraid of her own shadow, Della sleeps downstairs by herself! Sara's not a morning person, Della's up at the crack of dawn. Sara eats a ton, Della eats hardly anything. Della can count to 30 and recognizes numbers up to 10 as well as a lot of letters, Sara recognizes the letter "S"  I could go on and on because they really aren't alike at all, but they sure do get a long good and love each other so much! Della isn't too hard to please, she's really pretty happy and content most of the time. We go to the store and Sara throws a fit if we don't bring her back something Della would be happy with a piece of paper- or nothing at all! She gets so excited to go preschool and insists on getting dressed herself (we can pick out her clothes, she just likes to put it all on herself) She loves to bake (or help make something) the second I get a bowl out in the kitchen she plops herself on the barstool and helps me pour and mix everything! She also loves playing doctor. We used to come up with our own way to play before we got her her own doctor kit for her birthday. Now I get asked at least 10 times a day to play ('cause Sara doesn't love playing with it) and she thinks if she gets the tiniest little anything she needs a bandaid. Della loves to play games and read books, and take tubs! Don't even think about trying to sneak in the bath without her 'cause if she hears the water going she'll come running from wherever she is and be totally undressed and in the tub before we even blink. And if you didn't know already... she's 100% daddy's girl! Which might have something to do with the fact that they're exactly alike in every way! She's tough to get to open up, but once she does you'll see she is the biggest sweetheart and we love her for it!

Lia (aka Lou or Lou Lous) almost 2
Oh Lia..... our dear Lia. Let's just say.... she's one of the worst kids in the world. But, believe it or not, she's actually getting better! I think! I hope! Because man she sure is a fireball. I mean, from the day she was born! When she wouldn't stop crying after she was born, it was a sign of what was to come! She's a feisty one and knows how to get what she wants when she wants it! Poor Sara and Della are so patient with her, but they've had their hair pulled, been bitten, scratched and screamed at. You know how you always hear about how mean girls can be in school? I'm seriously afraid she's going to be one of them :( I hope and pray that's not the case, I just don't know about her. Anyway! Besides the fact that she's not the easiest child around, she's definitely the cutest! This girl has the funnest little personality! She asks for a hot dog for every meal (obviously I don't give her one) but she sure gets excited when I do! She loves to watch shows, but only certain ones. Despicable Me and Winnie the Pooh, (pretty sure she can quote the whole movie of "Piglets big Movie") or backyardigans. She seriously has the songs AND dances memorized! Cutest thing you've ever seen her trying to move her feet and hands the same way they do while singing. She also loves her baby bro. As mean as she is to Sara and Della she has never tried to hurt Landon in any way. She's all loves, hugs and kisses with that boy and asks multiple times a day to hold him. She's also very polite, always saying please and thank you for everything! She's still learning how to talk but really tries and sometimes will just jabber a few sentences like we know exactly what she's saying. We'll usually just respond with "okay, sounds good" and that seems to satisfy her. She really is at such a fun age right now and we're loving every minute of it.

Landon (aka LJ) 4 months     Our sweet baby boy!! We LOVE having a boy. He is the sweetest, happiest, smiliest, most handsome little thing! It is so hard not to just squeeze him! Something about having a baby in the home makes everything brighter. It's crazy how much I love him and I feel like he has absolutely no idea. I'm pretty sure I kiss him way more than I should and Ryan is always teasing me that he's my favorite. Which of course he's not! I don't have favorites ;) He loves taking baths, he loves to be sung to, he loves his blanky and he loves sucking on his hands and fingers. He turned 4 months old on the 25th and is getting too big too fast! He's in the 77 percentile for his weight and 86 percentile for his height so he's a healthy boy! (besides the ear infections he got over the weekend) And just like his sisters love him, he loves his sisters! As of right now... he's a Mommy's boy! I'm sure that will change once I'm not his food supply anymore, but I'm going to soak it all in now while I can!

Now see why I'm so happy? Who wouldn't be happy spending all day every day with these four cute kids!
 I really do feel so incredibly blessed and feel like I can't go to bed without thanking my Heavenly Father for all I've been given. All I've wanted to do is be a Mom and is turning out to be everything I hoped it would and more! Of course, none of it would be possible without the love of my life...
I couldn't have picked a better dad for my kids. They seriously love him more than anything and I know he feels the same about them!
If only I could pause time... as fun as it is watching them grow. I'm dreading the day they get too big and too cool for mom :( time goes WAY too fast! So just trying to enjoy my little ones while I can 'cause I love them more than anything!!

No comments: