Thursday, August 30, 2012

paint rocks camping trip

Ry's fam has a tradition of camping at Paint Rocks Wyoming that has been passed down from generation to generation. Well, Ryan fell in love with the place when he was little and wants to keep up the tradition and continue camping there every other summer. (despite the fact that we have to drive 9 hours to get there) Now I usually have my smart alec remark about how there are plenty of places around here we can camp that are just as good, but there's just something about Paint Rocks that the Goodrich's love, and the fact that they love it so much makes me love it too!
We woke up at 3:00 am to leave so the girls could sleep for a while and luckily they did. And as much as I complain about having to drive 9 hours (especially with three kids) the drive wasn't even that bad! And went by pretty quick!
We got there and it was FREEZING! So we got the girls jackets on, and bundled them up while we set up camp.
That first day never really warmed up so it consisted of mostly huddling around the fire and talking and eating (which is actually MY favorite part about camping) and hoping the next day would be nicer.
Which is was! So, while the boys did a lot of fishing...
The girls stayed back and the mom's played cards and let the little girls play. Some of their favorite things were going on a "hike" (as they liked to call walking up and down this dirt hill) while holding hands.
...hanging out in the back of Papa's truck.
...or just playing in the dirt.
They loved collecting rocks and sticks and getting dirty and everything else that came along with camping. They really did love every minute of it and never wanted to leave.
...neither did Ryan.
He was in heaven catching over a hundred fish while we were there. He even brought a couple back to camp and cooked them over the fire for me to eat and they were SO good!
I felt like I hardly saw Ryan 'cause he was always gone fishing! And it's kind of weird 'cause I would usually go with him and take tons of pictures but this time I had a few other things to take care of- named Sara, Della and Lia. Ry took the older girls a couple times but I forgot to give him my camera so we don't really have any fishing pictures, just mostly the girls at camp...
... and I had to get one of the whole clan the day we left. Stephanie made a good point that we should have taken it the day we got there instead of the day we left so we're all a little cleaner and look a little better.
Tyler, Stephanie, A-russ, TJ, Mark, Sara, Lia, Cathie, Ryan, me, and Della
It ended up being a really fun camping trip and I'm actually pretty excited for the next one!

1 comment:

Alana said...

I seriously cannot get over how stinkin adorable your little girls are!!!